Sunday, August 06, 2017

All Is Quiet

All is quiet in BrownTown and I'm thankful. This is a loud house. But better a loud house than an always quiet house. Tonight I give thanks for the silence and for the noise.

Next two weeks are crazy production weeks. So many projects to try to knock out and finish. School to plan. Schedules and meal plans to figure out. It's a beautiful life, a beautiful, beautiful life.

Fell into a homeschool wormhole. Trying to figure out which reading program to get for my dyslexic minions. I'm half tempted to just teach three all together. One is going to be like her oldest brother. She'll catch on quick. The other two will be more difficult but the bigger of the two is really ready and the middle one is so very eager to learn and will work his butt off. I could see benefits to teaching them together as well as cons. The cons would be huge though if taken the wrong way. So I'll pray. The Lord is so very gracious. Need to get middles paperwork in for Scottish Rite too.

No church today which I'm sad about. Made a call knowing it would have been a crazy rush to go and get everything done to get my hubs out the door. Although we didn't make it, I can't express how thankful I am to be sad about missing. The Lord has been so very gracious and compassionate with our hearts. Along with schedules and such I really want to figure out this Sabbath thing. I think it's so very important. Work and pray six days a week and pray and rest for one.

Romans 12. So very very good. Pondering how to really love others tonight. Interestingly enough this chapter also contains the gifting the Lord has given people. I feel like I've got nothing to offer these days. Yet I do long to not just say that I love people but to really do it and do it tangibly. I have a couple friends who are really good at serving others. I really kinda stink at that. So thankful for my friends that are so good at it. Helps me get better at it.

"Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:9-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

D






Sent from my iPhone

No comments: