Tuesday, August 01, 2017

I'm Back!

So the internet break was an epic fail. There's several reasons for that but probably mostly bc my brain has been re wired and I'm a dopamine addict. Interestingly enough I knew I'd be more likely to have an addictive personality as a kid. A couple of my kids have recognized that in themselves already as well. I find that interesting but not shocking. Hurray for ADHD! 

So what have I been up to the last several weeks? Not journaling and reading from my physical bible. I haven't knocked out the stack of books on my night stand either. I'm hoping the fall and a slightly older itty bitty will give rise to some writing, reading from a physical bible, solitude, and reading real books. I'm so ready for fall. 

Our house is crazy right now which is making me feel extra distracted as well. We are in the process of making a family closet and reorganizing rooms. It's massively overwhelming. So much stuff. Minimalism sounds more and more appealing every day. I need to send all my kids away to camp states away for several weeks to get it all done. Instead we'll live with the crazy and I'll take deep breathes knowing one day the chaos will be well worth it. 

In addition to reorganizing bedrooms we are trying to eat better. I'm just going to assume that all of us have the MTHFR gene mutation. The attention issues alone are a huge reason to eat real food. I am happy to say that we have figured out breakfast. I'm pretty sure we are on the verge of having our first loaf of fresh sour dough bread. Once we get the hang of the bread making we'll just make our own bread and skip the store bought bread. We are about to hit production crazy for several weeks for Anne of Green Gables so dinner might be sketchy but at least we can hang onto breakfast till fall hits. 

I am feeling spiritually dry these days. I think overall I feel incredibly distracted and our lack of a normal routine has my head spinning as well. It's been a crazy couple of years but I feel we are finally on the verge of thriving. I am craving a simple and quite life more and more. Work and pray. Simple and beautiful. And maybe sometimes jump in with both feet and do a lovely RPL production. I'm so excited about Green Gables. There is so much muchness about it. It means so much to the people who wrote it and has added back a sparkle of life for one. Oh Jesus that they would know the true light in this world. 

Dwelling on this lately as I continue to mull over the Church. 

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:2-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I want the bold verses written on our walls. Oh Father this house is a prideful bunch. Please in your mercy and your grace humble our hearts and may it start in my own heart. 


On Sunday the pastor talked about our desire to build our own kingdoms instead of building the Kingdom. I am ashamed that I have thought so little of other congregations meeting to worship our Lord and pridefully thought I had chosen much wiser places. It has done my heart so good to have attended two places that have actively prayed for the church as a whole. The Bride can be so awful and yet she is so loved that Christ died for her. 

"For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:25-27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I've become more and more excited these days thinking about how beautiful the Church will be when sin no longer hinders us and we can be as one. I simply can't fathom how beautiful it will be. 

This verse made me smile tonight as I thought about our friends and the musical band that we should form someday, Sum Bruerras. 

"singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

D


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: