Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Unscathed

1. No other kiddos sick. I should not have written that but I will give thanks for the rest of us getting out unscathed so far.

2. Thankful for the gift of food and fellowship tonight. Loved watching my kids run around the house with friends and hearing my bigs belt it out with a kindred spirit.

3. Beautiful moon tonight. Kids mentioned camping tonight. Feeling really nature deprived and camping would be so good for my soul. Hard not to be awed by the Lord when all creation shouts His name.

4. Speaking of being in awe. Still very very much in awe of this:

"Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Chosen. For a girl who has struggled with abandonment issues, these words are like a precious balm to the heart. Chosen. Adopted. Those weren't words given to me growing up and yet the Lord chose to bestow His loving kindness upon me and adopt me into His family. Amazing.

D


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: